Encounters with animals in their natural habitat are nothing short of breathtaking and wonderful. From discovering the gorillas in Uganda, exploring the rugged Canadian tundra in search of polar bears and diving in and swimming with whale sharks in Mexico, there is just something about a wild animal encounter that you’ll be captivated by.
Here are 6 of our top picks for wildlife encounters that will leave you in awe of this amazing planet and the animals we share it with.
1. Discover Gorillas in Uganda
Imagine travelling deep into the Ugandan Bwindi Impenetrable forests in search of endangered mountain gorillas. Coming close to these giants is a truly unique, exclusive and once-in-a-lifetime experience.
2. Encounter Polar Bears in Churchill, Canada Picture yourself cruising on a Tundra Buggy along the sub-Arctic province of Manitoba in central Canada, Churchill where you get up close and personal with these 1,200-kilogram giants in their icy playground.
3. Explore Penguins in Antarctica Embark on an adventure like no other as you journey across the drake passage on a voyage to meet the penguins of Antarctica. Be captivated by their bold personalities and curious nature. Depending on which season you land, perhaps you’ll witness the mating rituals or be lucky enough to encounter fluffy baby chicks after they hatch!
4. Experience Royal Bengal Tigers in West Bengal, India Why not take a safari to the Sundarbans Tiger Reserve in West Bengal India, where you’ll get a face to face experience with a couple of these marvellous man-eaters. You’ll feel the atmosphere of the jungle change when a tiger is close. The air fills with the sound of animal warnings and you can feel the tension as a majestic tiger enters their territory…. Be ready to be awed!
[Image: National Geographic Stock]
5. Marvel Orangutans in Borneo, Indonesia An encounter with an orangutan in its natural environment is one of the world’s great – and increasingly rare wildlife experiences. Trek through the lush, untamed jungle of Borneo Indonesia and find yourself marvelling a mother orangutan and her adorable baby just metres away.
[Image: Tim Laman, National Geographic Stock]
6. Swim with Whale Sharks in Mexico Dive down into the glistening waters of Isla Mujeres, Mexico and swim with the largest fish of the sea. Whale sharks as a species date back about 60 million years so you could say it’s like swimming with dinosaurs! Be prepared for a breathtaking experience as you take in their impressive size – made even larger when you get up close and personal!
A free-diving photographer encounters the world's largest fish, a giant whale shark, off of the coast of Mexico [Image: Mauricio handler, National Geographic Stock] About Us Helloworld Travel Mackay and Mt Pleasant is one of the largest regional travel agencies in Australia. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that our customers have the best travel experiences. We are the most experienced in Mackay with over 250 years travel experience and a team who have travelled to all 7 continents and over 100+ countries, so that we can plan the best and most unique itineraries. If you have any specific questions or would like to suggest future blog topics, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.